Fears can limit you to what you can achieve and how you feel. I know that I’ve been feeling down because of my fear of not finding a job or not meeting friends or not performing well in my tasks. Even my fear of being fearful and anxious can really confine me.
Today, though, and from now, I’m going to focus on conquering my fears. Even if it is a little step, it certainly can help. So, what can you do to help conquer your fear?
1. Pray to God about your worries and fears and he will give you guidance and strength.
2. Have your family and friends give you a hand and a hug.
3. Keep your mind full of sayings that keep you positive and preoccupied from the negative. How about: “Today is a great day filled with joy.” “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” “Never mind your worries or fears, God is here.” “I smile because I am loved.”
4. Even positive goofy music beats and lyrics can make you feel good. I think of “Mmmbop” by Hanson, or “It’s a Beautiful Day” by Michael Buble, or “Love Take Me Over” by Steven Curtis Chapman, or “Bare Necessities” from the Jungle Book!
5. Keep at the work that makes you fearful. I think by looking hard for a job, making an effort to go out and meet friends, or really focusing on the task I’m fearful about, it will only make me stronger and closer to conquering. If that makes sense.
I thought to share the “Bare Necessities” song from the Jungle Book. It just really makes me calm and happy and hopeful that I can get rid of my fears.