I know I haven’t posted in a while; I just haven’t felt inspired. Today I thought to discuss prayer requests:
Every week at my church, members write in their prayer requests to be lifted up in service as well as on our email prayer chain. I think this is a great idea, to make a prayer list. When I pray in the morning, throughout the day, at meal time, or at bedtime, I don’t recall all the people that I need to lift up in prayer. With a prayer list I can focus on all those that need God’s blessing.
Here’s my prayer list for this week.
- the homeless and hungry, that they may be warm and fed
- all the cats and dogs who are out in the cold, that they may be warm and loved.
- the people who live in conflict-ridden areas, such as Syria and the Middle East, that there may be peace and joy to come.
- for a high-school classmate of mine, who has a cyst on her ovaries, and has had other health problems, that she may be blessed with good health.
- for the people of Central Oregon today who are on the roads, that they may be careful drivers and be safe on the icy roads.
- for people in hospitals, nursing homes, and in sickness, that they they may be well cared for and be comfortable.
- for compassion, love, and peace for all God’s people
Many blessings this Christmas season,