This past Sunday, my husband and I taught church school for three elementary students. The focus of the lesson was based off of the story of Levi, the tax collector, who got up and followed Jesus.
How can we go and follow Jesus like Levi did? What ways can you follow Him or what ways show His love?
Here are some ideas that the kids came up with:
- care for others just like Jesus did
- give a hug or helping hand to a friend
- share good news to others
- worship Him and Him alone
- repent of your sins
- sing hymns of praise to Him
- serve others, such as volunteering at the community kitchen or giving food out to the poor
- read the Bible or devotionals
- obey the commandments
- pray for someone who is sick or hurting
- be kind to each other in your words and actions